Makeup reviews: Kat Von D Shade + Light contour pallete.

5:17 PM

Hi guys and dolls! Today I am reviewing one of my favorite makeup products ever. Can you guess what it is? It’s the Kat Von D Shade and Light Contour Palette! I am honestly so excited to be able to share my opinion of this wonderful product with you guys.

You all know I am a simple girl, I limit myself to eyeshadows, foundations, blushes and liquid eyeliners. But, my wonderful husband decided to surprise me on my previous birthday with a makeup product I had never owned, a contour palette. Oh and not only a contour palette, no no no, a VEGAN and cruelty free contour palette. Honestly, he’s amazing!

Now, I am a very adventurous lady when it comes to trying new things, but I had no idea on how to contour my face. So I looked for some Youtube tutorials and decided to give it a shot. Now, one of the first things I noticed about this palette is the fact that the product is very light but yet extremely pigmented. You really require a minimum amount of product to get a really nice result, so that’s good because the palette is gonna last for a good while. Also, the shades have cold and warm undertones, so it’s good for when you need it to match a specific look.



This whole palette is composed of three highlight shades and three contour shades as well, so you can totally mix and match for perfect contour. Now, the thing that scared me the most about doing contour was the fact that I did not want my face to look dirty or droopy, so I tried to make it look as clean as possible. The truth is that the palette is amazing, the shades are super buttery and it is possible to build them up really nicely.


I started with a bit of the lighter shade and built it up as much as needed. Also, the highlights are amazing and can even work as a setting powder. So I must say this palette was great for a first contouring experience. Oh, also a big plus is that the shades are refillable. So if there's any one that I use more than the others I am able to change it in the pallete without having to buy the whole thing. 

This is definitely a day to day go to palette, even if it's just for the subtle, matt highlighters. If you want expert advice on the palette and how to use it, you can watch Kat Von D's tutorial here. I hope this review is useful for you guys, please let me know if you have used it and if so, what is your favorite thing about it.

Love you!

You Might Also Like

2 comments