Work and Office Fashion 101: Basics.

8:30 AM

Hi guys and dolls! So, I've been wanting to do a post series on work and office fashion for a while so here I go! 

One of the most important things for a lawyer is the way they look. We have to dress in a certain way to make a good impression. The way we look determines if we get a job, land a client, close a situation, and much, much more. So, I'm starting a small post series on outfits for work, featuring dresses, trousers, suits, skirts and how to make them work for your everyday professional lifestyle.

 Here's a bit of the basics you need to create a work wardrobe, even though I'll be posting a capsule wardrobe for work pretty soon. 


Clothing Items

First item - Pencil Skirts: These are amazing. I don't personally use them too much because I feel a bit uncomfortable given that I am usually delivering documents, sending documents, going to courthouses to check out case files, and more; all of these activities involve a lot of walking so, I don't really feel amazingly comfortable in these amazingly fashionable skirts. I do like to wear them on office days, but that's just me.

Second item - Slim fit trousers: These are amazing in black, beige, gray and white. They are super comfortable and they go well with every color. You can forget about worrying about the pants and go crazy with the blouses (Yay!)

Third item - Blazers: Blazers are a must! I love love love wearing them. They make any outfit that much more professional. They don't necessarily have to be black or white, they can be bright pink, electric blue, purple, fuscia and much more, the magic is in pairing them with amazing accessories.

Fourth item - Suits: Oh suits, the things we all want to wear, the two pieces of clothing that make us feel the corporate world is at our mercy (Ok no). Just kidding, but suits are also great. I do feel they are better in a very neutral color scheme, given that they reflect elegance and confidence.

Fifth item - Dresses: Dresses are a great way to look very fancy with very little effort. With the right dress you can look like a Boss in the blink of an eye.

Sixth item - Blouses: Lifesavers. Blouses are pretty much the most important part of your outfit. They are very important due to the fact that they are the first thing people see when they look at you. 

Seventh item - Heels: Heels have to be elegant, beautiful and very classy. 

Eighth item - Accessories: They are the complimentary part of the outfit. You don't need to wear them, but it's nice if you do. 


These are topics I will be posting about in the series so, stay tuned!




I hope you guys are as exited about this new series as I am! Leave your comments in the comment section below. Stay awesome!

You Might Also Like

0 comments