Wedding Wednesday! Wedding planning checklist.

7:00 AM

       I have a confession to make: I didn't think planning a wedding would be so overwhelming. I've been stressing over so many things I actually forgot to start my wedding posts (Whoops!) Truth is, I struggle between being lazy and being a control freak. I manage some things in my life with extreme control and care and I forget about others. My case is this one: My fiancé left the country today and will be coming back a week before our wedding. A WEEK. So I'm pretty much left planning the wedding by myself (Something I'm extremely happy with, given that I like to take care of stuff myself). The sad thing is, I won't have him around to ask him what he thinks about things, how he feels, or what he wants. Obviously there are many applications nowadays that will allow us to maintain constant communication (THANK GOD!) but it's just not the same as having him around to talk to, to cuddle, to kiss... But I guess that's just one of the many sacrifices we have to make for a brighter future. 

       I've had roughly 9 months to start prepping my wedding, so here's a bit of an update of how I'm trying to get things done. First off, if you read the infographic below, you'll see it points out the most basic things to get done for your wedding. You can add or subtract certain things to fulfill your needs. For instance, I'm not going to hire a wedding planner or a coordinator (Control freak in the house!), but if you are, then you already have that option in the list. I've been trying to save time so I don't turn into a full-on bridezilla by doing things on the 9-12 month mark and the 6-9 month mark. It might sound a bit much but I really don't want to have to deal with last minute issues, and I want to be able to deal with work and college without going crazy.

       One of the things that has really bugged me is the catering. I want my wedding to at least have vegetarian catering (Only if I can’t get a vegan one) but the options are so limited where I live! I found a catering company that does vegan and vegetarian catering but IT IS SO EXPENSIVE! I am going to have to pay a ton of money on the catering but I just need it to be that way. I’ve been extremely flexible about some other things, but the one thing I can’t be flexible with is the catering. For once in my life I want to be able to eat whatever is put in front of me without having to check if I can eat it or not. I just want to have a cruelty free wedding (I guess there’s something about having dead animals at my wedding that doesn’t really convince me).

       Aside from that, my fiancé and I already picked out the color of the decoration and the wedding invitation design! So thank God that’s done too haha. I still have some things to pick out, the hardest one has been my dress. I had one in mind but for some reason I’m not completely in love with it anymore. I guess that now that everything is actually happening I feel like it’s not a fantasy anymore, and that I need to find a way to turn all of those things in my head into a real, actual wedding. So, I have nothing left to say except that I’ll try my best to plan a wedding that makes me and my fiancé feel extremely happy!



I really hope you guys and dolls liked my post, and I really hope it was helpful for those of you who are about to tie the knot! If you have anything to add like advice or a personal experience, please leave comments in the comment box below. Stay awesome!

You Might Also Like

0 comments