Wedding Wednesday: Wedding Budget (Part 1)

9:09 PM

Hi guys and dolls! So today I’m going to be posting a new Wedding Wednesday post! The reason I’m doing this is because I’ve recently reactivated my wedding plans. Therefore, I’m going to be looking at a lot of wedding info, and I want to gather and filter everything in a way that is helpful for you readers. So, today’s post is going to be divided in two parts, one will be about how to plan a budget for a civil wedding and the other about how to plan it for a religious wedding.



Today I’ll be writing about how to plan a budget for a Civil Wedding. As we all know, weddings can be adapted to the bride and groom’s style and preferences, so this budget I’m going to construct is going to have the very basic elements a civil wedding requires. If you’re a bride to be, remember you can always add or remove elements according to your needs. This budget is extremely simple to make, all you have to do is make a very detailed list of everything you need and how much it will cost.

I’ll start detailing the first part of the list so it is easy to understand. First off, I’ll be taking one wedding element, which will be “Beverages”. Then, I’ll make a small list of all of the beverages I expect to serve at the wedding, for example:

Beverages:

v  Champagne
v  Whisky
v  Wine 
v  Soda
v  Rum


           Then, I’ll add the amount of bottles of each drink and the price for the whole lot, like this:

Beverages:
v  Champagne (2): $___.
v  Whisky (3): $____.
v  Wine (2): $____.
v  Soda (5): $____.
v  Rum (3): $____.

            Then, at last, I’ll add all of the prices. This will give me an estimate of the money that I’ll spend on beverages.

Beverages:
v  Champagne (2): $___.
v  Whisky (3): $____.
v  Wine (2): $____.
v  Soda (5): $____.
v  Rum (3): $____.
Total: $_____.

                I will be doing this for the following elements:

Bride’s dress:
v  Fabric
v  Design and couture
v  Shoes
v  Other

Bride’s aesthetic:
v  Makeup
v  Hairstyling
v  Jewelry
v  Other

Groom’s outfit:
v  Suit (If bought or rented)
v  Shoes
v  Other

Photography and videos:
v  Photography
v  Video
v  Album
v  Other

Music:
v  Band
v  Disc jockey
v  Other

Decoration:
v  Floral arrangements
v  Plants
v  Furniture
v  Lighting
v  Centerpieces
v  Other

Documents:
v  Birth certificate
v  Judge
v  Other


So, these are the basic elements I consider that are important for a civil wedding. You can take this very basic list and tailor it according to your needs and preferences. It is very important to keep in mind that things don't always go as planned, there are numerous things that can go wrong. Just remember that the most important part of the celebration is the fact that you are getting married to your best friend, your life companion, your crush, and your favorite person in the whole universe.

Thank you for reading. If you found this post helpful please leave a comment below. Stay awesome!

You Might Also Like

0 comments