Why I listen to TED Talks every day (And why you should too)

12:32 AM


Hi guys and dolls! So, as you guys probably know, I have a very very busy schedule right now. Aside from work, I'm in the midst of a Ph.D., a Master’s Degree and French lessons. Because of this, I have very limited time for myself. The first few months of this new (and extreme) dynamic were very tiresome, I had a ton of reading material, I had a lot going on at work and I had to watch a ton of YouTube videos on financial engineering, statistics, management, leadership, and much more. I happen to consider these topics very interesting, but there came a time when so much technical information was too much. I couldn’t learn, I couldn’t focus, and for a brief moment I thought about not giving my studies my full effort and just doing enough to get the minimum grade I needed to pass. That’s when I decided I couldn’t keep doing things that way and I discovered TED Talks. 

For those of you who don’t know, TED Talks are motivational conferences given by experts in many many subjects. I first came across TED Talks because of an image I found on Tumblr that recommended listening to a TED Talk whenever you feel down. So, I did just that, and I really didn’t expect how amazing they were. 

The first TED Talk I remember listening to was Inside the mind of a master procrastinator by Tim Urban. This is an incredibly funny, smart and relatable talk that will cheer you up and make you feel better about the fact that most of us do things just when it is extremely necessary. It is a very original approach to a common habit people have. He illustrates our thought processes with awesome drawings, cool examples and amazing humor. You can listen to it by clicking here.


Now, my favorite TED Talk ever is called The thing is, I stutter by Megan Washington. This TED Talk really made me feel warm and fuzzy inside because I have a mild stutter myself, and that makes me feel very very insecure and frustrated when I have to speak, especially at work. The way Megan describes how it feels to stutter, how hopeless it made her feel and how she managed to move on with her life is really amazing. Watching someone who stutters do a TED Talk definitely gave me courage to speak to people at work in a more confident manner. You can watch this beautiful TED Talk here.


And at last, one of the most memorable TED Talks I’ve listened to is How to sound smart in your TEDx Talk by Will Stephen. This talk is just amazing. I’m not gonna spoil it. You can watch it here.


I think the things I love the most about TED Talks is that they’re very inspiring, they have a wide variety of subjects ranging from education, to science to health (and more) and they are incredibly mind-opening. You’ll listen to many different stories, many different experiences and a wide array of facts that will help you become a more interesting person overall. 

That’s it for this post! I really hope you liked it!Leave any comments in the comment box below. Love you!


You Might Also Like

0 comments