Goodbye 2016!

9:02 PM

So, I'm probably the only person that feels this way, but 2016 was an utterly amazing year! Last year I finished my career, I got an amazing job, I started many projects and much more. But this year, oh, this year I grew! I have pushed myself, worked hard, got an amazing job, started my postgraduate studies, got my bachelor's degree and much more! I had never been so exited and certain that I am definitely not the same person I was in January 2016. I started a new life routine, I learnt how to drive (In Venezuela, driving is absolutely crazy and if you manage to do it, you're awesome!), I made amazing life plans (Some of which I can't really share right now) and I continue to move toward my future at a breathtaking speed. 

This was a year of knowing who supports me, who thinks I have what it takes and who cares for me. I've met amazing new people at my new job and at college; and I've learnt something valuable from each and every single one of them. I've also had new and exiting experiences, and I've learnt a bit more about how this "Adult" thing works. I am very very happy because I've definitely taken advantage of every little thing in my life to learn and grow. 

I'd like to give my soon-to-be husband some well deserved appreciation. Without him, I probably wouldn't have been able to do any of the things I did this year. He has been exceedingly patient, kind and supportive; and he's the main reason I managed to balance a certification, my Ph.D., my Master's degree, work and my personal life. So honey, if you're reading this, thank you!

Also, I want to thank my family, my mom, my dad, MJ, Laura and Josi. If it wasn't for you guys I wouldn't be where I am today and I wouldn't have found my way in life. For that and much more, thank you!

I hope you guys and dolls have an amazing new year. Take the time to learn, play, be awesome, work toward your goals and stay foolish.


You Might Also Like

0 comments