2016 Book list & reviews.

9:40 PM

Hi guys and dolls! I'm so glad to be back! So, I finally got around to making this year's book list and reviews. I have been awfully busy lately but I have had some time to read (Thank God!). You can check out my previous book lists by clicking the following links: 2014 book list & reviews and 2015 book list & reviews. So, without further ado, here's my book list for this year!

Books
  1. Animal Farm by George Orwell: I actually started this book last year but didn't manage to finish it on time to fit it in last year's book list. This book explores a society formed by farm animals and portrays in a very simple way the dangers of following leaders blindly, not speaking up against oppression and remaining ignorant. Personally I saw myself immersed in an ignorant and oppressed society when I put together what I was reading and what I heard on the radio news every single day. It was like reading a journal of how Venezuela got down so low. Anyways, it is truly an amazing book and I strongly believe everyone should read it at least once.
  2. The Unbearable Lightness of Being by Milan Kundera: I admit I didn't really pay as much attention to this book as I should have. I only read it in my lunch breaks while eating or when I didn't have to study (Almost never). However, it is an amazing book that truly explores the nature of female and male love and how different we all are from each other, especially how we look at things like life, love and moral behavior. 10/10.
  3. The Dark Tower by Stephen King: Re-read this gem. It's a lot better to digest the second time around.
  4. It by Stephen King: I have never been afraid of clowns, never. But this book gave me NIGHTMARES for approximately 4 weeks. It's damn good though, if you're after a good spook.
  5. The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien: Reading this wonderful book reminded me a lot of the fairytales I used to read when I was a little girl. It was absolutely amazing in a very sublime way. I absolutely loved it and I loved how well-written it is. I think it was one of the books I enjoyed the most this year.
  6. Railway Ghosts and Highway Horrors by Daniel Cohen: I first read this book when I lived in Miami. Long story short, I found it on amazon, bought it, and read it once again. It's definitely very entertaining! 
  7. Assassin's Creed: The Secret Crusade, Assassin's Creed: Renaissance, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood and Assassin's Creed: Revelations  by Oliver Bowden: I don't think I mentioned this before, but I am a die hard Assassin's Creed fan. I freaking love it! So imagine my joy when my soon-to-be husband let me read his Assassin's Creed books.
Audiobooks
  1. Again the Magic by Lisa Kleypas: You guys know I LOOOOVE Lisa Kleypas' novels! This year I couldn't read any but I had the chance to listen to an audiobook and Oh, it was good... People, check out her books! They are suuuuper romantic!
Possible 2017 Book list
These are books that I haven't even been able to start reading because of self imposed time restrictions. However, one of my new year's resolutions will be to read them all!
  1. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald.
  2. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen.
  3. Assassin's Creed: Forsaken by Oliver Bowden.
  4. Odyssey by Homer.
  5. Iliad by Homer.
So this was this year's book list. I hope you guys liked it. If you'd like to suggest any books for me to read please leave a comment in the comment section below. Have an awesome day!

You Might Also Like

0 comments