Bucket list #5: Roraima, Angel Falls, Jasper Creek and more!

12:50 PM

Hi guys! I'm back with the first Bucket List post of the year (Yay!)! This one is about something I've been wanting to do for a very long time, visit Canaima National Park here in Venezuela. This national park has some of the most beautiful landscapes in the world, and unique flora and fauna, given that the tepuis that occupy 65% of the national park are some of the oldest rock formations in the world (They've been there ever since Africa and South America were part of a super continent! That is amazing!)! I am Venezuelan and I adore my country with all of my heart, but I feel like I will never know just how amazing it is to be Venezuelan until I've known all of my country's beauty! On my honeymoon I would love to go on an expedition through Canaima. 

This national park has amazing rock formations, the tallest waterfall IN THE WORLD and much more! I'll leave some pictures below so you can have a preview of this amazing place!
Kukenan Tepuy: The superior view for this tepuy was the inspiration for the 2009 Pixar movie UP.

Mount Roraima: This is the tallest of the tepuis, and it forms the highest peak of Guyana's Highland Range.

Angel Falls: The fall is 979 meters high (around 3000 ft.), and is the higher waterfall in the world

Jasper's Creek: The name jasper is derived from the fact that the water flows over a smooth bedrock of mostly red and black jasper.

Jasper's Creek
A Panoramic of Canaima Lagoon: The water in Canaima lagoon is red because of the high concentration of minerals it contains, and the sand is pink due to high amounts of quartz.

I hope you guys likes this post. You can check out my other Bucket List here #1, #2, #3 and #4. Thank you for reading, stay awesome!

You Might Also Like

0 comments