Bucket List #2: Vegan macarons!

7:30 AM

     
      The day I discovered Aquafaba I realized I had a higher chance of going back to Miami than finding any kind of chickpea in Venezuela. This miraculous liquid that made most of my wildest dreams come true (Vegan lemon meringue pie, vegan lemon meringue cupcakes, puffy and light vegan yellow cakes, perfect brownies, amazing VEGAN MACARONS) was pretty much nowhere to be found and I after much thought I found myself asking my mom for permission to use the ONLY CAN of chickpeas we had left in the house for a little aquafaba experiment. I was planning to make something simple: Vegan meringues. I thought to myself "Well, If there are people that manage to make them with hand mixers, I can totally pull it off with the kitchen aid!". So I opened my can of chickpeas, put the aquafaba in the kitchen aid, ate half of the chickpeas and began to mix that motherflecker in medium speed for about 5 minutes, then high speed for about 10 minutes. I added powdered sugar, set them on a baking sheet and baked them according to instructions. This was my result:


      My meringues totally sank. I ended up with these little sugar cookies that no one ate because they were soooooo sweet! Sadly, I had to throw them away. 

     Even though my first aquafaba experiment was an utter fail, I really hope that someday I'm able to learn and succeed in vegan macaron baking. Have any of you seen macarons? Those things just yell "Eat me! I'm as delicious as I look!". I've never had any, but gosh if I ever got the chance to use aquafaba ever again I would totally try and make macarons. So, if any of you lovely readers are anxious to see a vegan macaron in the making, check out this video Step-by-step Vegan Macarons and this webpage Vegan Macaron Troubleshooting so you can bravely face any problems you might encounter in your vegan macaron baking adventure! Happy baking!!






  *So, this is my second Bucket List post. I'll be doing a ton of them but not precisely in order so I might make a random post between each part of the Bucket List. AND those amazing macaron pictures aren't mine. Just sayin'*

As always, thanks a ton for reading! Stay awesome!

You Might Also Like

0 comments